Jewellery Care

How to look after your 18ct Gold Plated Jewellery

What is 18ct Gold Plated Jewellery?

The core of our jewellery is made of premium hypoallergenic stainless steel which is then covered in a golden layer of pure 18ct gold. Our Jewellery is Free from Nickel, Copper, Zinc and Brass, it can be worn day and night.

We use the best plating technology to ensure jewellery is waterproof, sweatproof, heat resistant, and life-proof . It won't tarnish or discolour over time and you will not get green skin from wearing it. 

How to Care for Your Gold Jewellery

As your gold jewellery is highly durable, caring for it is simple. Keep it in your Luluh Lane organic cotton pouch to prevent surface scratches and apply beauty products before your jewellery.

If you do get beauty products, perfume or chemicals on your jewellery so it looks dull, don't worry. Wash your jewellery under cold water, pat dry and then use the provided polishing cloth or soft microfibre cloth, to bring it back to new.

How to look after your sterling silver jewellery

What is sterling silver?

Sterling silver, or "925", is a precious metal alloy consisting of at least 92.5% pure silver. The other 7.5% of the metal is usually made up of copper and zinc, giving sterling silver its distinctive white colouring and hard-wearing properties.

We want your Luluh Lane Jewellery looking like new for as long as possible, here's how to do so...

How to clean and polish silver jewellery

To clean sterling silver jewellery, you can use a polishing cloth or  soft brush and soapy water to remove dirt. Rinse with clean water and dry the jewellery carefully.

Never use abrasive cloths or cleaning products on your sterling silver jewellery as these will scratch the surface, causing irreparable damage.

We always send you a free polishing cloth with your purchase of jewellery, which is perfect for this process.

How to store sterling silver jewellery

Store your sterling silver jewellery in a cool, dry place. You can also use pouches or boxes to keep your pieces separate to avoid them getting scratched. Your Luluh Lane Jewellery pouch is just right for this, as it doesn’t contain any tarnishing chemicals.

How to prevent damage to sterling silver jewellery?

Silver is susceptible to damage from a number of chemicals. Avoid using silver dip, harsh chemicals and abrasive cleaners on your jewellery.

Take off your silver when swimming or bathing. And try to avoid wearing it when doing housework or activities where is could more easily get scratched.